For Immediate Release:
Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2021
Lee Francis | Deputy Director
Virginia League of Conservation Voters
(434) 989-3197 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Investments in mail, digital and field programs will elevate climate action, the environment to voters across Virginia’s battleground
RICHMOND – With a little less than a month to go until Virginia voters elect a new Governor, Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, and House of Delegates, Virginia LCV’s Political Action Committee (VALCV PAC) today announced a significant ramp-up of its efforts to protect and strengthen its Conservation Majority.
“This election is absolutely pivotal to protecting and building on the incredible progress we’ve made in recent years addressing the climate crisis, transitioning to a clean energy economy, and safeguarding our environment,” said Michael Town, campaign director of VALCV PAC. “We are committed to doing everything we can to win on Nov. 2, which starts with letting voters know exactly what’s at stake for clean air, clean water and Virginia’s future.”
Programmatic investments in the 2021 race from VALCV PAC this cycle include:
- Mail: $205,000 to run targeted mail programs in three House districts: HD-10 (Gooditis), HD-28 (Cole), and HD-83 (Guy). The six-piece flights in each district include pieces like this one in HD-10, this one in HD-28, and this one in HD-83.
- Digital: $300,000 to run digital programs in nine battleground House Districts: HD-10 (Gooditis), HD-21 (Convirs-Fowler), HD-27 (Gardner), HD-28 (Cole), HD-63 (Aird), HD-73 (Willett), HD-75 (Tyler), HD-83 (Guy) and HD-85 (Askew).
- Partnerships: $800,000 to support field canvass and communications programs being run by our partners at BlackPAC and New Virginia Majority.
- GreenRoots: $100,000 GreenRoots program with 6 organizers on the ground supporting the coordinated field programs to work in five target House districts: HD-27 (Gardner), HD-73 (Willett), HD-83 (Guy), HD-85 (Askew) and HD-91 (Mugler).
- Direct Contributions: $500,000 to the McAuliffe campaign for communications. Additionally, VALCV PAC will be spending up to $100,000 between now and Election Day supporting candidates for office.
The Conservation Majority has, in just the past two years, delivered on a host of environmental priorities that address climate change, expand clean energy, protect clean water and public lands, and cut harmful pollution. Our opposition in this race, led by Donald Trump-endorsed Glenn Youngkin, would roll back much of this progress, making it imperative that voters know exactly what’s at stake on Nov. 2. This is why the bulk of our campaign hinges on direct communication and engagement with voters – work that VALCV PAC will carry through Election Day.
More information about VALCV PAC’s electoral and endorsement efforts is available at www.valcvpac.org.
The Virginia League of Conservation Voters PAC endorses and works to elect conservation champions to state office to ensure that Virginians’ strong environmental values are translated to long-term political and legislative victories for clean air, clean water and protected open space. For more information, visit www.valcvpac.org.